Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, February 10, 2023

Simple Birthday

I send birthday cards to the shut-ins from my church each month so I go through a number of birthday cards.  I decided to try to create some simple but yet elegant cards for them using the Designer Tags Dies, this card is one of the one’s I was particularly happy with.   

Here it is…


The card base is Petal Pink cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and I die cut the floral image you see using a tag from the Designer Tags Dies (there are some great dies in this set).  I made sure I stayed to the top left so I could add my lines to the bottom (this were created by flipping this piece of cardstock over and from the back side on the bottom I added three scored lines each ¼” apart.  This is an old technique but it sure does add to this card).  I then stamped my Happy Birthday from the Go To Greetings Stamp Set (this set is great it has the sentiments Happy Birthday, Thinking of You, Just a Note and Thank You in three different sizes and fonts and it also has one little “Hello” stamp, so it is a great set to have on hand) using Petal Pink Ink. 

I added this white layer to my card base using Dimensionals and then added five of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels (remember always make them odd numbers for a better affect) and a bow made from the Petal Pink Soft Polyester Ribbon (I swear this ribbon feels like it is suede).  For the inside of the card I stamped a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” with the two step flower from the Two-Tone Flora Stamp set in Petal Pink Ink.  (if you want to know how to do this see my blog dated January 21, 2023 where I explain the technique). 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

1 comment:

  1. love this card! Yes it's simple and so elegant! And love the score lines at the bottom...what a simple but wonderful touch....Another lovely card Ronnie!

    ReplyDelete