Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Something Fancy

Today’s card features the Something Fancy Bundle and the Fancy Flora Designer Series Paper.  I often find that I like to combine papers with bundles that they were not paired with in the catalogs.  I thought this was an excellent example of finding a bundle (stamp set and coordinating dies) that you really like and using Designer Series Paper (DSP) you already have on hand.  I had been digging through my DSP and realized I had some of the beautiful Brushstroke DSP left from some projects I had made earlier this year out of the annual catalog and I saw this used with the Fancy Flora DSP to make some sympathy cards on Pinterest and I know it was a great way to use it up. 

Here is what I came up with…



The card base is Evening Evergreen cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 7 ¼” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a piece of the Fancy Flora Designer Series Paper to 2 ¾ x 5 ¼” to attach to the top of a piece of Soft Succulent cardstock that measured 2 7/8 x 5 3/8”, I attached this to the front of my card.  For the inside I added a piece of the Brushstroke Designer Series Paper in Soft Succulent that measured 1 ¼ x 5 3/8” to the right side.  I then added a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 2 7/8 x 5 3/8” to the left side so that I could write my message to the recipient. 

I then stamped my sentiment “With Deepest Sympathy” onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Soft Succulent Ink and then die cut it using the smaller of the coordinating dies from the Something Fancy Bundle.  I cut a piece of Evening Evergreen using another die (the larger of the two) and matted the sentiment onto it.  I added this to the front of my card being sure to only glue down the left side so the card would open.  For my final addition I added three of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels that I had colored using the Evening Evergreen Stampin’ Blend Marker (good tip, you can make these jewels any coordinating color you want using these markers). 

Here are two alternate cards I made using the same layout.  On the first card I used Mint Macaroon (item #138337), Flirty Flamingo (item #141416) cardstocks, Flirty Flamingo Ink (item #147052) and the 2021 – 2023 In Color Opal Rounds (item #159185) and I used the back side of the DSP I selected in place of the Brushstrokes DSP.  

On the second card I used Crumbcake (item #120953), Soft Succulent (item #155776), Evening Evergreen (item #155574) cardstocks, Evening Evergreen Ink (item #155576) and the 2021 – 2023 Opal Rounds (item #159185).

I hope you enjoy these cards as much as I enjoyed making them making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment