Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, October 31, 2022

Blackberry Beauty

Yesterday I shared a double one sheet wonder template and showed you how you could create 11 beautiful cards using just 2 pieces of 6 x 12” Designer Series Paper.  That post showcased the Edens Garden Papers which are on clearance.  So today I wanted to create some cards using the Blackeberry Beauty 12 x 12” Specialty Designer Series Paper which is also on sale in the clearance rack.  This paper originally sold for $15 but is now available for just $6 while supplies last.  Here is what the papers look like (I love anything with foil but it is hard to see in pictures):


So, for today’s share I created two cards using this paper.  This format is great for creating cards where you simply want to showcase the Designer Series Paper and don’t want to do a bunch of stamping. 


The card base is Blackberry Bliss cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½” (that means two card bases from one sheet of paper and guess what you can score at 5 ½” before you cut so you only have to do the scoring once.  I then added a piece of the Blackberry Beauty Specialty Designer Series Paper that measured 4 x 5 ¼” to the card bases. 

I then cut two pieces of Blackberry Bliss cardstock to 3 ¼ x 4 ½” and another of the pieces of the Designer Series Paper (I chose the beautiful florals with gold foil) to 3 x 4 ¼” (the DSP I chose has flowers on both ends so I simply cut it at 3 x 12” and then cut that down to two pieces that were 4 ¼” long being sure to showcase the pretty foil flowers as much as possible.  Once I had those layers created, I added some Gold Shimmer Ribbon to each of them and then attached them to the front of my cards. 

For my sentiments I chose two from the Happiness Abounds Stamp set and stamped them onto scraps of my Blackberry Bliss cardstock using VersaMark ink and then embossed them using Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and my Heat Tool.  I fussy cut out the sentiment “You are wonderful in everyway” and I used my Rectangular Postage Stamp punch to punch out the sentiment that says “Wishing you all the happiness you can imagine”.  I added both sentiments to the cards using Dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment