Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Vintage Christmas

Today’s card features the Vintage Christmas stamp set.  I wanted to create a Christmas card that was simple yet showed a new technique so I am showcasing the masking technique on this card.    

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Evening Evergreen cardstock that was cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  There is a layer of real red that measures 4 x 5 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 3 x 4 ¾”.  I stamped the bottle from the Vintage Christmas stamp set onto the center bottom of this layer using Crumb Cake Ink.  Then I stamped that same bottle onto a piece of Masking Paper and I cut it out (the masking paper is a sticky, but not too sticky paper that covers and image so you can stamp all over and around it without affecting your original stamped image) and I fussy cut it out.  I laid my masked image over my stamped image and stamped my flowers from the stamp set in Sweet Sorbet.  I then stamped the centers in Mango Melody.  I once again stamped those flowers onto a piece of the Masking Paper and fussy cut them out and covered the flowers.  I then stamped all of my greenery using Evening Evergreen Ink.  Once everything was stamped, I added this layer to my card.

I stamped my sentiment “Making spirits bright” also from the Vintage Christmas stamp set onto a scrap of Real Red Cardstock using Evening Evergreen Ink and die cut it using one of the dies from the Frosted Flurries Dies (of course you could simply cut this sentiment out using scissors as well.  I popped that sentiment up using Mini Dimensionals and added five of the Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels to finish off the card.

NOTE:  I do want to point out that the masking pieces can be used over and over so once I stamp and cut one out I simply store it in the plastic case with the stamp set so I can use it over and over again.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment