Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Fall Gnome

Today I wanted to create a fall card, so I and pulled out my Kindest Gnome Bundle and my Leaf Falling 3D Embossing Folder and got to work.  Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Cajun Craze cardstock that was cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a Very Vanilla layer that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and I embossed it using the Leaf Falling 3D Embossing Folder.  Once it was embossed, I added some color to it using Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie Ink which I added slowly using my Blending Brushes (I just started light and worked ink onto the layer until I had the color I wanted).  I then cut the following cardstocks to create my gnome, mushrooms and grass:  Pumpkin Pie 1 x 1”, Basic Black 1 x 2, Garden Green 2 x 3”, Crushed Curry 1 x 2” and 1 ¼ x 2 ½”, Petal Pink 1 x 1” and a piece of the Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper to 2 x 2”.  Once everything was cut, I just used the dies to cut my pieces.  Then I went to work building my gnome, mushrooms and grass (I do recommend an odd number of mushrooms, I did one card with just two and it just didn’t look right).  I glued the mushroom stems and one of the grasses directly to the embossed layer but I added Dimensionals to the second grass piece, all three mushroom tops and my gnome to pop them up on the card. 

I stamped my sentiment “so grateful” from the Soft Seedling Stamp Set onto the 1 ¼ x 2 ½” piece of Crushed Curry I had previously cut using Cajun Craze Ink.  I then die cut it using the Stylish Shapes Dies (you could also leave it as a rectangle or use your snips to flag the ends if you don’t have the die.  I added that piece to the top left of my card using Dimensionals.  I stamped the sentiment “Your kindness does not go unnoticed” from the Kindest Gnomes stamp set onto the inside using Cajun Craze Ink.   

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment