Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Cottage Rose

Today’s card was one of the cards that was presented by Stampin’ Up! on World Cardmaking Day.  While I didn’t create along with the presentors (I was having my own event for my customers) I did watch and follow along with the recorded presentation.  I loved the simplicity of this card and was very pleased with how mine turned out. 

Here is what I came up with… 


 The card base is Basic White cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  There is a second layer of the Basic White cardstock cut to 4 x 5 ¼”, before adding this I did some stamping.  Using the Cottage Rose Bundle I stamped the leaves three times on the card base using Crumb Cake Ink and then added it to my card base using Dimensionals.  I then stamped my rose from the stamp set onto a piece of Basic White cardstock in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I colored it using the blends listed below. 

I started with the dark Flirty Flamingo, then added the light, then the dark So Saffron and ended with the light being sure to blend as I went.  For the leaves I started with the dark Old Olive, then added the light, added the dark Mint Macaron and then the light and finally I used the light Crumb Cake to blend things even more.  For the little flowers I used the dark Mint Macaron and for the stems of all the flowers I used a little light Crumb Cake.  I really like how it turned out.  Once it was all colored, I die cut it using the coordinating dies and I die cut two of the flowers and one set of the leaves from the bundle out of Crumb Cake cardstock.  I added my die cut rose to the center of my card using Dimensionals and then tucked my die cut flowers and leaves in under and around it. 

I stamped the sentiment “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” onto a piece of So Saffron cardstock cut to 3/8 x 3 ½” using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and added it to the top of the rose using Mini Dimensionals.  For my final embellishment I added three of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels that I colored using the Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blend marker (remember you can do this and make these gems any color you want). 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment