Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, October 14, 2022

Snowflakes

Today’s card  features the Snowflake Specialty Vellum, the Wintery 3D Embossing Folders and the Frosted Flurry Dies.  These product all have one thing in common, snowflakes so I decided they needed to be paired up to create a snowflake card.  Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Soft Succulent cardstock that was cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  I then cut a piece of the Soft Succulent cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and put it in the Wintery 3D Embossing Folder (see below), this folder is only 3 3/8 x 6 ¼” so I only embossed half of the layer (this folder is one of two in the set, one has these beautiful snowflakes and the other has pine boughs).  


Once my layer was embossed added a piece of the Snowflake Specialty Vellum that measured 2 x 5 ¼” to the left side (there are a number of different beautiful snowflake papers in this set but I chose to use the holographic snowflake paper).  To add the Vellum, I just used some of the Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the back (hint: to make sure you don’t see the adhesive just sponge it on the back of the vellum lightly).  Next, I added a piece of the Glittered Organdy Ribbon right over where the vellum meets the cardstock to give a nice finished look.  I then added this layer onto the card base using Dimensionals.

For my focal point I took a piece of the White Glimmer paper that measured 2 ½ x 2 ½” and I die cut one of the snowflake images from the Frosted Flurry dies right out of the center.  This set has this and another snowflake that don’t cut all the way through so I really love the affect.  I then rounded the corners on the glimmer paper (Stampin’ Up! no longer carries the corner rounder but most of us already have one in our stashes).  I added that to the center of my card front again using Dimensionals.  I die cut one of the small snowflakes from the Silver Foil and added it to the top right of the card.  Then to finish everything off I added one of the Adhesive Backed Sequins and Gems (of course I chose the one that was soft succulent) to the center of each of my two snowflakes. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment