Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, October 24, 2022

A Rose for You

Today’s card was inspired by a card that Stampin’ Up! featured for World Cardmaking Day.  I decided to take their idea and change up elements.  They used Stampin’ Blends on Basic White cardstock, I decided to use Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pens on Shimmer White cardstock.  They did a white on white card I decided to use Petal Pink and some of the beautiful Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper.   

Here is what I came up with…  


The card base is Petal Pink cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut and added a layer of the Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  I also added a strip of another of the patterns in the DSP that measured 1 ¾ x4” across the center of the card.  To created the card, I stamped my large image from the Cottage Rose Bundle onto a piece of Shimmer White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and the colored it with color pencils.  I used both Assortment 1 and Assortment 2 pencils, specifically Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Granny Apple Green, Flirty Flamingo, Garden Green and Bermuda Bay.  I started coloring the rose, I began with the Flirty Flamingo on the bottom of each petal.  Then I added the Pumpkin Pie and finally the Daffodil Delight.  As I added each color, I blended it lightly with the previous color using the Blender Pen to make the colors work together.  I used the same technique on the leaves starting with Garden Green on the veins and working Granny Apple Green in, to give it a little kick I added just a touch of the Pumpkin Pie pencil in at the very end.  I did the small little flowers with the Bermuda Bay.  Once that was all colored in I popped it up on the center of the card using Dimensionals. 

I die cut two sets of leaves and one small flower from the dies in the bundle out of Petal Pink cardstock and just tucked them in under the rose.  Finally, I stamped my sentiment “Thinking of You” which is from the Go To Greetings Stamp Set (remember use what you have I just happen to love the font on this set) onto a piece of Petal Pink cardstock that measured ¾ x 3” using Early Espresso ink (I know who would have thought how good brown and pink look together) and then I used my Banner Pick a Punch to make little flags on each end (you can do this with your snips if you don’t have this punch or another punch or die that would work).  I added the sentiment to the bottom right of the card with Dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment