Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, October 21, 2022

A Joyful Christmas

Today’s card was inspired by a card that was created by Susan Campfield last year.  It features the beautiful Merriest Moments stamp set and Merriest Moments Hybrid Embossing Folder and Dies.  I have had these products (and used them) for over a year but I have recently learned to do even more with them.  So I started some of my Christmas cards using this amazing set.  I created cards in several colors (I will be highlighting my Cherry Cobbler and middle tone of the Metallic Cardstock (gold) here but will include pictures of several other colors).  While the supply list will feature the Cherry Cobbler and Gold colored Metallic Cardstock you can interchange these with any colors you chose.

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Cherry Cobbler cut to 4 ¼ x 11” scored at 2 ¾” and 5 ½”.  I cut a second piece of the Cherry Cobbler to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8” and I embossed it using the Merriest Moments Hybrid Embossing Folder.  I added this to the inside of the card.  Next, I cut a piece of the Brushed Metallic Cardstock to 4 ¼ x 5 ½” and die cut the outline and frame (just center that frame inside the outline die) using the two dies from the die set.  Then I embossed the outline frame with the holy leaves and other greeneries using the Merriest Moments Hybrid Embossing Folder.  Once that was done, I cut my embossed piece in half (that’s right two cards out of one die cut isn’t that awesome).  I added this to my card front centering it and attaching it only to the front left flap on the card front.  I added my metallic frame to the center of that and then cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to 1 ½ x 2 ¼” and stamped it with the “A Joyful Christmas to you & yours” on it using Cherry Cobbler Ink. 

For the inside I added another piece of Very Vanilla this time cut to 1 ¾ x 2 ½” that I stamped the sentiment “Together is the Merriest Place to Be” again in Cherry Cobbler Ink.  So that I would have a place to write a little note and sign my cards I added a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that measured 2 ½ x 4” that was stamped with the sentiment “Thinking of you this Festive Season” again in Cherry Cobbler ink.  (All of these sentiments are included in the stamp set).  While I stopped here on this card on some of the others, I did die cut some little Poinsettia’s out of scraps of the metallic cardstock and added them along with some bling (I decided I actually prefer them a little plainer which is really a change for me).   Here is what the inside looks like...

Here are a few more using different colors of cardstock and metallic cardstock.  The options are endless.





I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment