Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Succulent Power

Today I am continuing on with my quest to use my beautiful new Simply Succulent bundle to make some fun and interesting cards.  Today I will share a card that will lead to the next card I share (I’ll explain more as we go). 

So here is today’s card:


The card base is Highland Heather cardstock that is cut 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  Next, I took a piece of Basic White cardstock and die cut the beautiful succulent background (this measure about 4 x 5 3/8” once it is cut) from the Simply Succulent Bundle.  Now here is where I ended up making 2 cards for the work of one.  I took that that die cut and put it over a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ½” and started to color it in.  I used the new Blending Brushes (you could also work with daubers or sponges) and I started to add color to my die cut.  I added Just Jade and Highland Heather and blending the two in some areas.  Once I had everything colored, I simply lifted my die cut piece of my Basic White piece (stay tuned my next blog will show you how I used my bonus piece).  I added my die cut piece onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 3/8”. 

I wrapped a piece of the Just Jade 2020 – 2022 In Color Ribbon around this layer and tied it in a square knot.  Once that was done, I attached this layer to my card base.  Then using the stamp set from the bundle I stamped the pot and three of the medium sized succulents onto a piece of Basic White cardstock with Memento Ink.  I colored the pot and the succulents with the Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers I listed below.  Once that was done, I adhered the three succulents and the pot together to create a single piece.  For my foliage pieces (also dies from the bundle) I cut die cut them from Basic White cardstock and sponged them using Daubers and Pear Pizzazz and Soft Seafoam ink.  Once all these pieces were colored and done, I added Dimensionals onto the back of my pot and succulents and added them to the front of my card.  I slipped my foliage in behind them and adhered it right to the card. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it and I am looking forward to sharing the bonus card I created from pieces left from creating this card.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment