Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Succulent Fun

When the new January – June Mini Catalog previewed I was quickly drawn to the Simply Succulents Bundle.  I have always loved succulents (mostly because they are hard to kill, lol) and I love all the different varieties out there and all the colors they come in.  I knew right away I was going to have some fun coloring these in with my Stampin Blend Alcohol Markers and that I did.    

Here is the first card I created with the bundle…


The card base is Just Jade cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a layer of the In Color 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper (of course I used the Just Jade) that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  Then I cut out a piece of Basic White cardstock using the largest of the stitched and scalloped rectangle dies from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies and added it to the center of my card.  I cut two additional pieces of cardstock using two more of the dies from the die set included in the Simply Succulents Bundle, I used the smallest to cut the Basic White and the larger one to cut Just Jade cardstock.  I stamped my sentiment also from the stamp set included in the bundle onto the Basic White label using Just Jade ink.

I stamped the pot and the succulents onto Basic White cardstock using Memento ink.  Then I started my coloring using the Stampin’ Blends markers I have listed below.  I really enjoyed playing with the colors and blending each plant and the planter.  Once everything was colored I used the coordinating dies to die cut them out. 

I adhered my Basic White label to my Just Jade label and using a couple of Dimensionals I added it to the bottom right of the card.  Then I adhered my plants to the pot and added more Dimensionals and placed it onto the card.  One final think I did do was to add some Wink of Stella, even though it doesn’t photograph well I can assure you it really adds some sparkle to the plants. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment