Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

A Birthday Scoop

I am still having some fun with the Sweet Ice Cream Suite of products.  Today I chose to create a gatefold card with a belly band using this awesome suite.    

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Bermuda Bay cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 2 1/8” and 6 3/8”.  This forms the base of the gatefold card.  I then added two strips of the Ice Cream Corner Designer series paper each measuring 1 7/8 x 5 ¼”, and attached them to the two sides.  Next, I created my bellyband to go around my card and help it stay closed.  It measures 1 ½ x 9 3/8” and was cut from Bermuda Bay cardstock.  I added a strip of DSP to this as well and it measures 1 ¼ x 9 3/8”.  Wrap the bellyband around the card and fold over the sides (be sure not to get it so tight that it can’t slide on and off).  I attached mine in the front as I was going to cover it with my ice cream cone. 

For the focal point on my bellyband, I used the Layered Ovals Dies.  I cut the 2nd largest of the scalloped dies out of Bermuda Bay cardstock and the 4th largest of the regular ovals out of Basic White cardstock and adhered them together.  I stamped two of the ice cream scoops from the bundle onto Basic White cardstock one in Bermuda Bay and one in Daffodil Delight inks.  I then added the sprinkles (also in the stamp set) one in Gorgeous Grape and the other in Bermuda Bay inks.  I stamped the cone onto a scrap of Cinnamon Cider cardstock using Soft Suede ink.  I then used the coordinating punch to punch the pieces out and I assembled my ice cream cone and attached it to my ovals using Dimensionals.  Some of the Artistry Blooms Sequins finished off the front of my card. 

For the inside I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the sentiment “Happy Birthday” in Gorgeous Grape ink.  I also added the sentiment “WITH SPRINKLES ON TOP” in Bermuda Bay ink.  For the final touch I added another ice cream cone on the inside as well.  For this one I used some scraps of Basic White cardstock and stamped one of the ice cream scoops in Rococo Rose and added some Gorgeous Grape sprinkles.  I stamped the cone in Cinnamon Cider and added the little cross hatches using Soft Suede ink.  I adhered this cone right onto the Basic White layer.  Here is what that looks like…




I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment