Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

W Fold Window Card

I have this awesome upline named Karen with Stampin’ Up! who shares creations with us on a regular basis.  This card was one of those shares.  She had received her original card (the one she used to figure out how to make one) from another demonstrator in Germany (yes this is why I love this company there is constant sharing of ideas across the globe) I am sorry but I can’t remember the lady from Germany’s name.  This card features vellum windows on the inside in which you can place a battery-operated tea light candle for an amazing affect.  I took some liberties and changed up a few things to make this style of card my own. 

Here is what I came up with…


The front of the card


 The inside of the card

So now let me share how I made this card.  The card base is Early Espresso cardstock that is cut to 4 1/4" x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  The inside of the card is cut from Basic White cardstock that also measures 4 ¼ x 11” however, it is scored at 2 ¾, 5 ½, and 8 ¼”.  It is then folded into a W shape with the 5 ½” score line out and the other two in.  I then cut two ovals from the two centers of the W using the 3rd largest oval from the Layering Ovals dies (save one of these for your sentiment).  Once that was done, I cut two pieces of Vellum cardstock to 2 5/8 x 4” and adhered them to the back side of the ovals (this creates our windows).  At this point you are ready to assemble the base of the card.  Simply adhere the left panel of the W to the front of the card base keeping the edges nice and even.  Then you adhere the right panel of the W to the back of the card base, again be sure to keep everything nice and even.  Now when you close your card the center should close out towards the opening. 

Now it is time for the fun stuff, the decorating (my favorite part).  On the front of the card, I added a strip of Mossy Meadow cardstock that measured 1 ¾ x 5 1/2”.  On top of that I added a piece of the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (I picked this stacked stone one) that measures 1 ½ x 5 ½”.  I then stamped the tree stump from the Rooted In Nature stamp Set onto Crumb Cake cardstock using Crumb Cake Ink.  I added the sentiment “thinking of you” on to that with Early Espresso ink.  I stamped one of the leaves from that same stamp set onto Mossy Meadow cardstock using Mossy Meadow ink and die cut it using the Natures Roots Dies that coordinate with the Rooted In Nature stamp set.  I fussy cut out my tree stump and added it to my card with dimensionals and then adhered my leaves right behind it. 

For the inside of the card, I die cut the largest of the scalloped ovals out using the Layering Ovals dies from Mossy Meadow cardstock.  Now here is where that oval we saved from earlier comes into play.  I stamped my sentiment “Wishing you a day of love and joy” from the Woven Heirlooms stamp set onto that oval using Mossy Meadow ink.  Next, I stamped the two pine trees and the one single pine tree from the Rooted in Nature stamp set onto Mossy Meadow cardstock using Mossy Meadow ink and then die cut them with the dies in the coordinating Natures Roots dies.  I lined these up along the bottom of my vellum “windows” and adhered them.  For my final touch I stamped the leaves from the stamp set on the bottom right corner of the inside of the card and on the envelope.  Here is a better look at the inside of the card…


I hope you enjoy this card while it was something totally new for me, I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment