Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, March 22, 2021

A Mother’s Day Butterfly

I just received this beautiful Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and I could not wait to make something with it. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Just Jade cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut two pieces of Designer Series Paper, the first is a piece of In Good Taste DSP (I chose a wood grained paper) that measures 1 ¼ x 5 ¼”, I adhered that on the right side of my card base leaving a ¼” reveal on the top bottom and right side (this piece is just a little wider than I needed but I decided it would be easier to overlap the papers than to try to match them perfectly).  Then I took a piece of the Butterfly Bijour DSP that measures 3 x 5 ¼’ and adhered it to the left side of the card leaving a ¼” reveal on the top, bottom and left side. 

For this project I did not use the coordinating stamp from the bundle instead I chose to use this amazing DSP.  Why is it so amazing, for one thing it has butterflies printed on it that can be cut out with the beautiful Brilliant Wings Dies that come with the bundle for a super quick and easy card.  I cut this pink one along with 5 other butterflies with just one pass through the die cutter (so I have lots of pretty butterflies to adorn many more projects).  I added my butterfly to my card using 3 mini dimensionals (I wanted the wings to be free so they could be curled up just a bit.

Since this set doesn’t include sentiments, I went over to the Timeless Tulips stamp set (because I have always loved the font) and grabbed this Happy Mother’s Day sentiment (I could have just as easily chose the happy birthday, get well soon or even the hello sentiment) and stamped it onto a scrap of Magenta Madness cardstock using Just Jade ink.  I fussy cut it and attached it using three more mini dimensionals. 

To finish off the front of the card I added three of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels and a bit of Wink of Stella on my butterfly to make it glittery (too bad that never shows it photos).  Then I moved onto the inside.  I simply added a piece of Basic White cardstock that measures 4 x 5 ¼” and I fussy cut out one of the adorable little butterflies from another piece of the DSP and adhered it to the corner (of course she needed a little wink of stella as well). 

There are just a few things I would like to make note of.  While I only used the dies on this project there is always a 10% savings on both the stamp set and the dies when you purchase them as a bundle.  Also, the Butterfly Bijour Designer Series Paper is not carrying over into the new 2021 – 2022 annual catalog and is available only while supplies last so be sure to grab it while you can. 

If you are just starting out and want to make a card like this but lack supplies think about how you can alter things.  So, you can fussy cut the butterflies out of the DSP instead of using the die, you can use another coordinating piece of the DSP instead of the wood grain.  Just some ideas for my beginners who are still accumulating supplies.  

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment