Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Bonus Simply Succulent Card

I told you yesterday that I was going to make a bonus card from the die cut I colored yesterday.  I actually made several of these cards so this one uses a few more ink colors but it still is just the Basic White layer I put under the large die cut from the Simply Succulent bundle while I was using my Blending Brushes to add color to the die cut here is what I was able to create with that left over white layer.


To create this top layer, I simply laid my die cut layer from the Simply Succulent Bundle over a piece of Basic White that I had cut to 4 ¼ x 5 ½” (bigger than I needed but it allowed me some room to play and then I just cut it to the size I needed when I was all done).  I began layering color onto my die cut which resulted in layering color onto the Basic White layer as well.  I used the Blending Brushes (you could use daubers or sponges as well) and I added Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, Highland Heather, Pretty Peacock and Just Jade ink.  Once everything was colored in, I simply pulled off the die cut piece and used it on my previous card and set this piece apart to create another card.

The card base is Highland Heather cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”, sit this aside while we layer up the rest of the card.  I cut a layer of Just Jade that measured 5 1/4 x 4”.  I then cut down my inked piece of Basic White to 5 1/8 x 3 3/8” and attached it to my Just Jade layer.  I wrapped this with the 2020 2022 In Color Ribbon in Just Jade and tied a nice big bow on the left side of the card. 

I then die cut my label from Basic White cardstock using one of the dies from the Simply Succulent Bundle.  I stamped the sentiment, “You make the ordinary extraordinary” (also from the bundle) onto it using Highland Heather ink.  I added several Mini Dimensionals along the top and bottom of the label (so it could straddle the ribbon) and attached it centered over the ribbon.  Then this whole layer was adhered to the card base.  I used Tear & Tape to adhere the layers because of the ribbon, I just find the added strength helps with adhering things with layers like this. 

Not bad for a bonus card, right?  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment