Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, March 26, 2021

Slide and Lock Peony Card

As I previously told you I have this awesome upline named Karen with Stampin’ Up! who shares creations with us on a regular basis.  This card was one she shared with us a couple weeks ago.  I really thought it was a cute fun fold so I wanted to share it here.  It could be made using several different shapes or stamp sets.  I really love the Prized Peony bundle and have wanted to design a card for my card club using the 3D Peony die for a while so I thought this was a perfect opportunity to do that. 

Here is what I came up with…



So now let me share how I made this card.  The card base is Petal Pink and is 5 ½ x 8 ½”and is scored at 2 1/8” and 6 3/8” (this creates a gatefold card).  I added two strips of the Peony Garden Designer Series Paper that measured 1 7/8 x 5 ¼” each to each side of the gate fold.  Then I moved on to the inside of the card.  I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped my sentiment and image from the stamp set in the Prized Peony Bundle as shown below using Basic Gray ink.


Once I was done with the inside it was time to move onto my slider.  This is the mechanism that keeps my card closed but also allows it to open.  I cut 4 each Basic White cardstock to 2 ½ x 2 ½”, I left two whole and the other two I scored right down the middle at 1 ¼” and folded them down.  I adhered the two folded pieces to one of the unfolded pieces with the folds in the center as shown below.


Once they were securely adhered, I then added the fourth piece of the cardstock directly onto the other side of the two folded pieces.  This becomes a little sliding piece that can slide up and down the center of the gatefold card.  To finish off my card I die cut one of the 3D layered Peony flowers from the dies in the bundle.  I cut it out of Petal Pink cardstock and to give it more interest I used a sponge dauber and Petal Pink ink to ink the edges of the flower before I assembled it.

The assembly looks complicated but it is not.  You simply start with your largest piece and slide the next smallest piece inside the slit on the larger one.  At the bottom there is a little curve (this is on all of the pieces) use it to line up your pieces and everything will work out fine.  Do this with all the remaining pieces working from the largest to the smallest.  I also die cut my pistil or the center of the flower out of Daffodil Delight cardstock and using the dauber I inked it with Daffodil Delight ink.  This is the last piece of the flower and tucks right down in the center.  To give my Peony a more realistic look I did shape it some with my bonefolder and I also added a few little Mini Dimensionals between the three largest layers. 

Now cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 3 x 3” and add a piece of the Peony Garden DSP that measures 2 ¾ x 2 ¾”.  Adhere the peony onto this and then add this onto your slider.  Now just slide this down between the openings on your card and voila you have a slide and lock card!

I hope you enjoy this card while it was something pretty unique for me I was really happy with how it turned out.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment