Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, March 29, 2021

Thinking of You Card

I have been creating some using the Fine Arts Floral Suite this week.  While the Art Gallery Bundle is not retiring in June the Fine Arts Floral Designer Series Paper is so I wanted to show you some projects having some fun with it so that you could consider if you wish to purchase some of the paper before it does retire.

Here is the first card I will be showing…


The card base is Basic White cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of the Fine Arts Floral Designer Series Paper that measures 4 x 5 ¼” on top of the base.  I then die cut the next layer from the Ornate Layers dies (I love using these to layer because there is so much detail in them) out of Mango Melody cardstock. 

Then using the Art Gallery bundle I stamped my flower onto Basic White cardstock, using So Saffron on the fullest stamp and then Mango Melody on the highlight stamp (remember this is a multipiece stamp set that layers).  Once those were stamped, I took the smallest center stamp and stamped it using VersaMark ink.  I then added Heat and Stick Powder to the VersaMark ink and heat embossed it (be sure not to overheat).  Once my Heat and Stick was melted and sticky, I added my Gilded Leafing (I just pressed it onto the heat and stick and once it was well covered I brushed the excess off with a stiff paint brush).  For my stem and leaves I simply stamped them onto a piece of Basic White cardstock with Pear Pizzazz ink.  I then die cut both the flower and the foliage using the coordinating dies.  I cut a piece of the Basic White cardstock to 3/8 x 2 3/8” and stamped my sentiment “I’m thinking of you” (also in the bundle) onto it using Mango Melody ink.  I used Dimensionals to pop up my flower, the foliage and the sentiment.  For my final embellishment I added one Gilded Gem. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  It really is a pretty fast and simple card and would be an excellent one to use to make multiples.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment