Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Treat Yourself

Our journey through the Ice Cream Suite continues today.  I wanted to make another card using this fun suite of products.    

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Blackberry Bliss cardstock that is cut 4 ¼ x 11”, scored at 5 ½” (this card opens from the bottom up).  The layer was cut from the Ice Cream Corner Designer Series Paper (I love these bright stripes) and it measures 4 x 5 1/5”.  Before adhering it to my base layer I wrapped a piece of the Blackberry Bliss Striped Ribbon from the suite around it and tied a square knot.  I then cut out the 4th largest of the Stitched Rectangle dies from Basic White cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment “Treat Yourself” onto the bottom right corner using Bermuda Bay ink and then I popped this up on the bottom left side of my card using Dimensionals.

Then I got to work on my triple decker ice cream cone.  The Designer Series Paper has sheets that have these cool variegated colors in them and as soon as I saw them I just knew they would make perfect scoops.  So, I punched three scoops out of the three different colored papers and added sprinkles to them using Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay and Blackberry Bliss ink.  Then I used the punch to punch out the cone from one of the sheets of Designer Series Paper that looks like a cone.  Here are some pics to show you what I am talking about with the DSP and so you can see the coordinating punch as well. 



Once I had my cone all done, I simply adhered the pieces together and popped the up on my card again using Dimensionals.  For a final touch I added some of the Artistry Blooms Sequins. 

I have to admit every time I work with this bundle it makes me happy.  I guess that is because of the vibrant colors and of course who doesn’t love ice cream?  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment