Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Simple Masculine Card

I always seem to struggle more with cards for men than cards for women.  Maybe it is because I am drawn to things like florals more so than those bold masculine papers.  Well, I did purchase the Well Suited Designer Series Paper and promised myself to work on some cards for men.  I decided to start with something that was super simple and used very few materials so that it might be something great for a beginner or even the avid crafter who is in a time crunch. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Basic White cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of the Well Suited Designer Series Paper (love this plaid) to 3 ¾ x 5” and I mounted that onto a piece of Pacific Point cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  Before adhering this layer to my card base, I wrapped a piece of the wrapped a piece of the white twine from the Snail Mail Twine package around this layer and tied a bow over on the right side. 

I simply adhered this layer right onto the card base but you could also use Dimensionals and pop up the whole layer.  Next, I stamped the sentiment “Happy Birthday” from the Happy Thoughts Stamp Set (this set is retiring so I recommend you consider it while it is still available because it has some great basic sentiments that can be used over and over again) onto a piece of Poppy Parade Cardstock with Night of Navy Ink.  I then punched that out using the Tailored Tag Punch.  I also punched out one of the Tailored Tags from Pacific Point cardstock (tip:  punch it out from the layer under the DSP before you glue them together, just stay away from the edge, this saves paper and no one but you will ever know).  I layered my two tags together a little off set from one another and popped them up on the card using Dimensionals. 

Like I said this card was a very fast and simple card, from start to finish it took longer to gather the supplies than it did to make the card.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment