Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Happy Valentine’s Day

I wanted to create a Valentine’s Day card and I have always loved the way Petal Pink and Gray Granite look together so I decided why not work with those colors.  I also wanted to try using my embossing folders in some new ways, so I thought ok why not punch out hearts and emboss them.     

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Petal Pink cardstock that is cut 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  I then took two small pieces of Gray Granite cardstock that measured ¾ x 5 ½” and die cut them using the border die from the Peony Garden die set (set these aside).  Next I cut a piece of the Peony Garden Designer Series Paper to 2 ¼ x 5 ½”.  I attached one of the borders to each side of this strip of Designer Series Paper and then centered that onto my cardbase.

Next, I punched out 3 of the scalloped hearts from the Heartfelt Bundle (it includes a stamp set and two heart punches) from Gray Granite cardstock and two of the regular hearts from the punch set out of Petal Pink.  I stamped my sentiment from the Heartfelt bundle onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Gray Granite ink and I punched it out as well.  I placed my two Petal Pink hearts into my Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder and embossed them.  I then layered my hearts together and added them to the front of my card.  I placed the pink and grey hearts directly onto the card and punched the sentiment heart up using Dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment