Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Friends Are Like Seashells Bundle and Vellum

I have been highlighting different ideas using the Sand & Sea Suite of products from the new January – June Mini catalog.  Today I am working with the Stamp and Die bundle and the coordinating 3D Embossing Folder.  So here is what I created using those products…


I wanted this card to open vertically so I created my card base from Misty Moonlight cardstock that I cut 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  I then die cut my large shell die from the bundle out of just Basic White card stock and I stamped the shells using Bumblebee, Just Jade, Misty Moonlight, Highland Heather, and Melon Mambo.  I then used Sponge Daubers to add Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green and Bermuda Bay ink to my seaweed. 

Once this layer was stamped, I set it aside and went to work on my vellum layer.  I cut a piece of Vellum Cardstock to 4 ¼ x 5 ½” and embossed it with the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder.  With that done it was now time to simply align my die cut layer to my embossed layer.  I did this using Mini Glue Dots (tip, try to hide your glue dots in inconspicuous places, such as where your ribbon, sentiment and embellishments are going to be placed).  With those adhered to one another I wrapped a piece of the Misty Moonlight ¼” ribbon around the layer and tied a bow.  Then I attached this layer to the card base.

For my final touches I cut my little sentiment tag from a die that is part of the Tasteful Labels Dies (there are some great dies in this set for use with sentiments) and I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set in the bundle using Misty Moonlight ink and tucked it up under my bow.  I added some of the Misty Moonlight enamel dots from the In Color Enamel Dots and that finished off my card. 

I love the subtle look the Vellum Cardstock adds to this card.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment