Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Starting The Year Out Right

I held my Open House this past Saturday to introduce the new January – June 2021 Mini Catalog and the Sale-A-Bration Freebie catalog as well.  I wanted to offer a make and take that could be enjoyed throughout the upcoming year and this cute project was just what I was looking for.  I was given one of these several years ago at an event and I have had one sitting on my desk each year since then (using new Designer Series Papers and Stamps) for inspiration.     


So, to create the base for this desk calendar you start with a piece of cardstock that coordinates with your Designer Series Paper (I used Rococo Rose) that is 4 ¼ x 11”.  This piece is then scored at 5 ½”.  Next you cut another piece of the cardstock, this one measures 4 ¼ x 5” and it is scored along the 5” side at 1”, 2 ½” and 4”.  This is folded into a W shape (see below),


and the two 1” tabs are glued to the inside of the base right at the bottom creating a stable base for the calendar card to stand up with, it looks like a tent (see below).


Once you have the basic structure down it is simply a matter of decorating your calendar stand.  I choose to use this beautiful new paper from the Fine Art Floral Designer Series paper.  I cut a piece to 4 x 5 ¼” and attached it to the front of my calendar base.  I then cut a piece of cardstock to match my base (again mine is Rococo Rose) that was just ¼” larger than my calendar (the little calendars I found measured 2 ¼ x 3”) and I mounted my calendar onto the cardstock and then attached that to the front of the stand. 

To decorate I stamped one of the beautiful images from the Art Gallery Bundle (this one is a two-step stamp, meaning one stamp is stamped on top of the other for a two-tone look) I used Rococo Rose ink for my first stamp and Poppy Parade for my second and stamped onto a piece of Basic White cardstock.  I then cut this out using the coordinating die from the bundle.  My final touch was to add three little Pearl Basic Jewels to finish off my project. 

I hope you enjoy this project; I am certainly going to enjoy having it sit on my desk each day.  As always you can find the supplies to create this project and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment