Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Sweet Strawberries

When I first saw the Sweet Strawberry bundle during On Stage at Home last November, I knew it was a set I would have to have.  Well, when I received my January – June 2021 Mini Catalog it was a must order, but then to my even greater surprise the Sale-A-Bration catalog contained another stamp set and a package of Designer Series Paper that were prefect to use with it.  The Berry Blessings Stamp Set + Berry Delight Designer Series Paper Pack are free with a qualifying $100 purchase during January and February.  So, it stood to reason that since I loved the bundle and the free bundle, I would have to design a card for my customers as a make and take during my open house where I am previewing the new catalogs with them.

Here is what I came up with…


I wish the sparkle on the berries from the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush would show up in photos but no matter how hard I try I just can’t capture it (too bad since it is such a nice shimmer).  So here is how the card was made.

The card base is Basic White cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo that measured 2 ½ x 5 ½” and then I embossed it using one of the Greenery Embossing Folders.  I added a piece of the Designer Series Paper that was free with my $100 purchase to the front that measured 3 x 4”.  Before adhering it to the card I wrapped a piece of Just Jade ribbon around it and tied a square knot.  Next, I stamped my greeting from the Sweet Strawberry bundle onto Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and I die cut it out using the little label die from Potted Succulents Dies (you could use any label die or punch you have on hand).  I also cut the larger label from the set out of Flirty Flamingo cardstock and layered them.  I popped this sentiment up on dimensionals in the upper right corner of my card. 

I moved onto my strawberries at this point.  I stamped three berries, three berry toppers and two leaves from the stamp set onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock and used the coordinating punch to punch them out.  I colored the berries with Real Red and Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends and the leaves were colored with Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends (love these markers).  I did use my bonefolder to shape my strawberries and my leaves a little to give them a little more dimension.  Then I added the berries to the bottom left using dimensionals.  I adhered the leaves tucked in behind my strawberries right onto the card.  

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment