Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Pearlized Paper Meets Blending Brushes

This week I am going to show you some fun cards using the new Sand & Sea Suite from the January – June Mini catalog.  The suite has some really beautiful products including a die and coordinating 3D Embossing Folder that make some amazing shells.  For today’s card I used several of the products in the suite.      

And here is what I came up with…

The card base is Soft Suede cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of Rococo Rose that measured 4 1/8 x 5 3/8" and a layer of the Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper (DSP) that measures 4 x 5 ¼” (I liked that it looked like sand to me).  Next, I stamped my sentiment from the stamp set in the Friends are Like Seashells bundle directly onto the DSP in the top left corner using Soft Suede ink. 

To create my shells and seaweed I used the large die from the Friends are Like Seashells bundle and cut it out of the new Pearlescent Specialty Paper (I wish you could see the pearl shine, it is just awesome).  Once I had it cut out, I placed the paper into the coordinating Seashells 3D Embossing Folder and embossed the whole thing.  Once that was all done, I took my paper snips and cut the pieces apart so I could arrange them the way I wanted them on my card (it is really easy to do). 

With everything cut I moved onto coloring.  To color the shells and seaweed I used the new Blending Brushes and added color to each of them, just tap them onto your ink pad and then starting off your shells swirl onto them keeping a light touch on the brushes. I used Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Rococo Rose and Soft Seafoam inks to color them (TIP:  seashells are not all one color so don’t be afraid to do a little blending).  I added my shells using dimensionals to pop them up and then tucked my seaweed in under and around them. 

For the inside of the card, I simply stamped a couple of the shells (remember odd numbers are more pleasing to the eye) with Rococo Rose and Seaside Spray (both in colors that will be retiring in June so if you love them get them now) in the bottom left corner of a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that measures 4 x 5 1/4".  I added my sentiment from the same bundle at the center top using Soft Suede ink.  Here is what that looks like…


And there you have it; I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment