Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, January 6, 2020

Timeless Tulips


Today’s card features the new Timeless Tulips Bundle.  I am really excited to create with this bundle.  I love it for spring, get well cards, Easter, Mother’s Day, you name it is going to work great.  So, let’s get started.



I began with a Daffodil Delight card base; the cardstock is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a layer of Whisper White cardstock that measures 4 x 5 ¼”, I did emboss this layer using the Tufted 3D Embossing Folder (I love the look that gives this card). 

I then cut used the largest of the square dies from the Stitched Shapes die set (this a very versatile die set as it includes squares, circles and ovals) out using Whisper White cardstock.  I also cut the frame for the sentiment out of Whisper White cardstock, for this I used one of the dies from the new Painted Labels Dies.  I just like how the white on white looks, nice and classy.

Next, I stamped my tulip and leaf on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I stamped the leaf using Pear Pizzazz ink.  For the tulip I wanted to achieve a two tone look so I loaded my stamp up with Daffodil Delight ink and then carefully just put the bottom half of the stamp down into Mango Melody ink.  Then just punch out the leaf and the tulip, boy do I love the convenience of punches.  (TIP:  be sure to always use the lightest ink first and clean your stamp between tulips so you don’t contaminate your lighter color with the darker color). 

I stamped the sentiment also from the Timeless Tulip stamp set onto the die cut and stamped the stem of the tulip on my little die cut square.  I added the square and the sentiment layer to the front of the card using dimensionals.  Then I added the tulip and leaf also using dimensionals.

For the final touches I added a bow made out of the 3/8” Crushed Curry Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon (boy does this stuff tie nice and easy) and attached it using a mini glue dot, a couple little Pearl Basic Jewels and painted my tulip and leaf with Wink of Stella (hard to get that to show up in a photo but it sure looks great on the card.

I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed creating it.  I will list all the supplies I used below and as always you can find the supplies to create this card and many more projects on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment