Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, January 4, 2020

A little Post-It Note and Pen Holder

As I had previously stated I have been having some fun playing with the new products from the January - June 2020 Mini Catalog.  Here is one of the items I selected to offer as a make and take during my New Catalog Launch Open House today.  It was very popular, I had made one of these several years ago and then I save several posts showing them with the new papers and decided this would be a great little project for my party.


To begin select your coordinating papers, there are tons of options so use papers that make you happy.  For this particular one I stared with a base of Blackberry Bliss card stock and then a layer of Poppy Parade card stock and finally a piece of DSP from the new Peaceful Poppies DSP. I cut my card stock to 7-3/8" x 3-1/4" (I used the Blackberry Bliss here).

Then I scored along the 7-3/8" side at the 3-1/8", 3-1/2", 3-7/8" on my Simply Scoring Tool.
Then fold on the middle score line out and make two cuts cut mine about 3/4" apart in the center of the pad.  Pop the notch out and fold the other two sides in.

To be sure everything lines up right add your pen now.  Once you have your pen positioned just add Tear & Tape Adhesive between the 3-1/2" and 3-7/8" score lines, skipping over the snipped-out notch area.  Peel the backing of the tape and stick this side TO THE ADJACENT BACK COVER, NOT the other snipped panel (ask me why I know this, lol)!  Inserting your pen first will help you see which panels should be adhered together.  
Add more Tear & Tape Adhesive to the back of the pad and adhere it to the inside of the cover.

Then I decorated my little post it note pad.  I used the third from the smallest of the scalloped circles from the Layering Circles Dies (I do use these dies all the time).  Then I die cut out the pretty doily from the Painted Labels dies from Poppy Parade card stock.  I stamped the sentiment “hello” into the center of it using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (I like the crisp look the Memento gives sentiments).  This sentiment is from the Timeless Tropical stamp set.  I added the doily to the circle and then popped that up on the front of my notepad using dimensionals.

I hope you enjoy this little project, I will list all the supplies I used below.  As always the supplies for this and many more projects can be found on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this post.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:



No comments:

Post a Comment