Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Parisian Blossoms


I wanted to try a new technique and I felt this stamp set and designer series paper were perfect to use.  I decided to use a color wash using aqua painters and colored pencils.  I will explain a little more as we go.



The card base is Petal Pink Red cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  The next layer is cut from the Parisian Blossoms Specialty Designer Series Paper, what makes this a specialty paper is the beautiful champagne foil elements (hard to see in this photo but they are beautiful in person) that was cut to 4 x 5 ¼”. 

I then cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock to 2 ½ x 4 ¼”.  I stamped the pretty cherry blossoms from the Forever Blossoms stamp set onto it using StazOn Jet Black Ink (this is a permanent ink used for stamping images you intend to water color and the stamp must be cleaned with StazOn cleaner afterward).  Once my image was stamped, I lightly painted the entire image with my Aqua Painter using a little watered-down Craft Stampin’ Ink Whisper White pigment ink reinker (I just squirted a little reinker onto one of my clear blocks and added a little water using the aqua painter and just started to paint).  One tip I will give you is you are better to paint a little at a time and let it dry between layers to get good coverage and not damage your cardstock. 

Once my white ink was thoroughly dried, I began to add a little color using my Watercolor Pencils.  I did not completely cover the white and I love the water color look it gives my image.  I then finished up my card.

I cut a piece of Pool Party cardstock that was 2 ¾ x 4 ¼” and then I placed the Crumb Cake cardstock with my image on it at a slight angle.  I wrapped a little piece of the Petal Pink ¼” Metallic-Edge Ribbon around those pieces and tied a little bow. 

For my sentiment I stamped it from the stamp set as well, onto Petal Pink cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (I love how well it works with sentiments) and then die cut it out using the Stitched Nesting Dies.  I popped it up using dimensionals and added three of the new Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels. 

Here are a few examples of what the great designers at Stampin' Up! came up with using this beautiful suite of products.  There are some beautiful things here.



I hope you enjoy this card and love the new Parisian Blossoms Suite as much as I do.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:




No comments:

Post a Comment