Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Peaceful Poppies Card


We made a variation of this card during the recent Stampin' Up! On Stage event in Atlanta.  I just wanted to twist it up a little and use it as a make and take project during my January - June Mini Catalog 2020 Open House, so here is my take on the card...



The card base is Real Red cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  To give the card some depth I used Poppy Parade ink (which is a shade lighter than the real red) to stamp poppies and leaves onto the card base.  This give the card a nice subtle background. 

Next I cut my Peaceful Poppies Designer Series paper.  I started with the green and white striped paper which I cut to 3 ¾ x 2 ¼”, I then cut the paper with the red poppies to 2 x 3 ½” and layered them.  I adhered this directly to the card base.  I centered it side to side but put it a little higher up than center.

For the sentiment I cut a piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock to 3 ¼ x 1 ½”.  I torn the bottom for a little interest (tip: tear towards yourself for the best control).  Then I stamped my sentiment which is from the Peaceful Moments stamp set using that same Poppy Parade ink I used for the background on the card base.  I wrapped a little of the beautiful new Whisper White ¼” Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon around it and just tied a simple knot (I love how easy this ribbon is to work with and the fact you can die it any color you want simply by dragging it through your ink pad, so you can now have perfectly color coordinating ribbon in a snap). 

I did pop the sentiment up on a couple of dimensionals.  I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it. 

I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:





No comments:

Post a Comment