Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Peaceful Poppies Swap Card


I am so happy to finally get to attend my first quarterly meeting of the North Carolina Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators in Matthews, North Carolina.  I will be participating in participated in two swaps and think I will have a great time.  One of the swap cards I designed for the event used the new Peaceful Poppies Suite.  



Here is how I created it…

I created the card base from a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock that measured 5 ½ x 8 ½” and was scored at 4 ¼”.  Next, I cut two pieces of Pear Pizzaz cardstock, at 2 ¼ x 5 ¼” and at 4 x 2 ¾”.  I also cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 3 ¾ x 2 ½” on which I stamped the flowers from the Painted Poppies stamp set and the sentiment “Life is better with a friend like you” from the Peaceful Moments stamp set using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  I colored in the poppies with the Light Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blends marker and attached this to the Pear Pizzaz layer.  I then cut a piece of the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper at 2 x 5” and attached that to the other piece of Pear Pizzaz cardstock. 

To assemble the card, I added the Designer Series Paper layer to the left side of the card base (I placed it about ¼” from the edge) and then centered the stamped image layer right across the center of the card and attached it using dimensionals to give the card more visual interest.  This makes for a simple card that requires very few items to complete, you could always embellish with the beautiful Peaceful Poppies Sequins if you wanted to take the card to another level.

I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment