Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, January 27, 2020

Painted Poppies and Vellum




 had so much fun working with vellum the other day I decided to try to use it again.  This time I added it over Designer Series Paper to soften the look.  I am pretty happy with the result. 

The card base is Whisper White cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  The next layer is cut from the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper (I used the blue and white striped sheet) and is 4 ¼ x 5 ½” (so it covers the whole front of the card).  I then added another piece of Designer Series Paper (this time the blue with red Poppies) that measured 3 x 5 ½”, I placed this a little right of center for added visual interest.  

Then I added a piece of the vellum cardstock that measured 3 x 5 ½” and centered it right down the floral DSP (the trick with vellum is to hide your glue so it won’t show on your finished project, so here I added a drop at the top where I was adding a gem, some under where my sentiment would go and some under where my flowers would be placed, this helps hide the glue).

Then I moved on to decorating the card itself.  I cut this cute circle out of Pear Pizzazz cardstock using the die from the Painted Poppies bundle.  I added a Whisper White circle that I cut from the third largest of the circles in the Stitched Shapes dies.  I used Tuxedo Black Memento ink to stamp my greeting from the Peaceful Moments stamp set onto the whisper white circle and adhered this to the Pear Pizzazz circle and then placed that onto the card using dimensionals.

For the flowers I stamped the two poppies from the Painted Poppies bundle using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock (about 3 x 3”) and using the dies from the bundle cut them out.  I brushed them with a little of the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to give them a nice shine and added them to the card again using dimensionals.  For the leaves I simply stamped them onto a scrap of Old Olive cardstock again using the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I then used the dies from the bundle to cut them out.  These I added directly to the card.  For the finishing touch on this card I added three little Rhinestone Basic Jewels. 

I hope you enjoy this card and love the new Peaceful Poppies Suite as much as I do.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment