Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Forever Blossoms Z-Fold Card


My customers really enjoy making fun fold cards during our monthly card workshops so this month we are going to play with the Forever Blossoms stamp set and make a fun Z-Fold card.  


Here’s how it is made.

I started the assembly of my card by cutting the following papers:

The card base was cut from Petal Pink cardstock that measures 5 ½ x 8 ½” and is scored at 2 1/8” and 4 ¼”. 
The designer series paper (from the Parisian Blossoms paper pack) was cut at 1 7/8 x 5 ¼”. 
There are two Whisper White layers and each is cut at 3 ¼ x 4 3/”4.
The Smoky Slate layers are cut 3 3/8 x 4 7/8”, 4 x 5 3/8” and 5 3/8 x 2

I stamped my image from the Forever Blossoms stamp set onto one of the Whisper White layers using Smoky Slate ink.  I colored the image in using my Petal Pink and Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends Combo Alcohol Markers. 

On the second Whisper White layer I stamped the single flower from the set using Smoky Slate ink and colored it in using the Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends Combo.  

Now to assemble the card. 

I layered the DSP onto the Smoky Slate layer that measures 5 3/8 x 2” and adhered that to the small 2 ¼” flap on the front of the card. 

To create the front of the card I layered my second Whisper White layer (the one with the flowers) onto the piece of Smoky Slate card stock that measured 3 3/8 x 4 7/8”.  I added this to the front of the Z-Fold by adding dimensionals onto the left side only and attaching. 

Next, I turned to the inside of the card and added the 4 x 5 3/8” layer of Smoky Slate, to that I added my Whisper White layer that I had stamped with the single flower.  The key here is to make sure this is hidden under your front layer.  This will make the Whisper White layer a little off center as you can see here.


For the sentiment I stamped “a little hello” from the Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set onto a scrap of  Petal Pink cardstock and punched it out using the Classic Label punch (I popped this up using some mini dimensionals).  For the final touch I added a couple of Pearl Basic Jewels.   

I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed creating it. 

I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many mor e on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment