Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, October 4, 2021

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year Version 1

Now that fall has officially arrived, I can’t help but start thinking about Christmas.  Christmas is most certainly my favorite holiday.  When I was a child, I would spend hours I have browsing through the Sears Christmas Wishbook just dreaming of what Santa might bring me.  I remember that my mother always made the whole time leading up to the actual day a celebration.  From making candies and cookies (with a little help, well maybe hinderance from us kids) to the bowls of nuts that would suddenly appear and of course the best part was when presents began to appear under the tree.  With all she had to do though she would always sit down and write long letters to each family member who lived way to add to their Christmas cards (that was something important she taught me, always take the time).  So now that I am grown and my children are as well it has become my thing to not just send a letter but to create a card that I feel represents the recipient.  This is why I make so many different cards this time of the year and you know I love it.      

So I created this card in two different versions, one a little simpler and one with a little more ornate (because of course there are both kinds of people out there) today I will be sharing the simpler one…


The card base is Evening Evergreen cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut two pieces of coordinating Designer Series Paper from the Tidings of Christmas 6 x 6” papers.  I like to make my 6 x 6” papers goes as far as they can so you will see I did a little maneuvering with these to make more cards.  First I selected the DSP I wanted for the top of my card and I cut off a piece that is 2 x 6” (this will be saved for another card) then I took the remaining 4 x 6” piece and cut it in half to make 2 pieces that are 3 x 4” which is the top of my card (so I have pieces to make two cards).  For the bottom of the card, I selected another piece of DSP that I thought went well with my first selection and I again cut off a 2 x 6” piece and this too got set aside for another card.  With my remaining 4 x 6” piece I cut three pieces that were 2 x 4” this became my bottom (with two left for future cards).  Now if I loved both sides of the paper and they went well together I could have simply taken that 2 x 6” piece and made it a 2 x 4” and made it the bottom.  Ok, now that I have rambled about how to make the most of your paper lets go forward.

So, I attached my two pieces of DSP leaving a ¼” reveal on the top of the card base, the bottom of the card base and on both sides of the card base.  This leaves a little gap between the two DSP pieces in the center so to solve that I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock that measured ½ x 4” and laid it over the gap and there you have it!

Next, I stamped my sentiment which is from the Tidings & Trimmings Bundle onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Cherry Cobbler ink and then I die cut it using one of the Stitched So Sweetly dies.  This I attached to the top right of the card using Dimensionals.  I used the dies from the bundle to cut my stars, they were cut out of Soft Succulent, Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand and Misty Moonlight cardstock.  I layered them on one another and then attached them to the card using Dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment