Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Fun With Foil

I have been making quite a few Christmas cards and I love this Merriest Moments Bundle so I wanted to see what I could do with it and the beautify Red and Green Foil that Stampin’ Up! is offering through the end of December.      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Real Red cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then took a piece of the Green Foil that measured 4 ¼ x 5 ½ and die cut it using one of the dies from the Merriest Moments bundle.  I placed that piece of foil once cut right into the coordinating 3D embossing folder (isn’t that beautiful).  I centered that onto my cardbase and adhered it.  Next, I used the rectangle die from the bundle to die cut a piece of Basic White cardstock that I then stamped the sentiment “A Joyful Christmas to you and yours” on with Real Red ink.  I centered that onto the Green Foil. 

For the final pieces I then die cut the small poinsettia’s (I did two) out of scraps of Red Foil.  I adhered them together offsetting the petals (I did use my fingernail to just gently curve up the petals.  I added this to the top left corner of my Green Foil layer.  I then added two of the Gold Holly Leaves to it and one of the Holiday Rhinestone Jewels became my center. 

This is a very beautiful card and it was really easy to make, the bundle (especially the 3D embossing folder) and the foil did all the work for me. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or bfy click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment