Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Subtle Differences

I started out to create a Christmas card that was created with Night of Navy and White but as the card came together, I decided I would have liked to have added a little more sparkle to it so I ended up creating two cards.  They are made the same way with just a little subtle difference.  I would love to know which one you prefer.      

Here they are…



The card base is Night of Navy cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a second piece of Night of Navy cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and I embossed it using the Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder.  I then cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 ¼ x 5 ½” and I cut out my layer from the Merriest Moments Bundle, once it was cut, I put it inside the coordinating Embossing Folder that comes with the bundle and embossed it.  I added this layer to the front of the card using both Dimensionals and Mini Dimensionals (you can cut the regular sized ones down but the mini’s are so convenient).  I added a piece of Silver Foil that measured 2 1/8 x 2 7/8” to the front of my embossed layer.  I then used the rectangle die from the set to cut the center out of Night of Navy cardstock (about 2 ¼ x 3”).  For the first card I stamped the sentiment “A Joyful Christmas to you & yours” onto my Night of Navy with Versamark ink and then added White Stampin’ Emboss powder and set it using my Heat Tool.  I adhered this over the silver piece and added three little Rhinestone Basic Jewels.

Now for the second card the change I made was to stamp another sentiment “Hark The Herald Angels Sing (I love this font) from the For Unto Us stamp set onto the Night of Navy piece using Versamark ink and then added Silver Stampin’ Emboss powder and set it using my Heat Tool.  I adhered this over the silver piece and again used three Rhinestone Basic Jewels, the difference here is I used different sized jewels and added one to the center of my star. 

I love how both of them turned out and isn’t it cool how a subtle change can make a difference.  I hope you enjoy these cards I certainly enjoyed making them.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Card #1 Supplies:

Product List



Card #2 Supplies (all of card one except white Stampin' Emboss powder and add these two items:


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment