Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year Version 2

I shared a card with you yesterday and I promised I would share a more version as well.  So here it is…


The card base is Evening Evergreen cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  Now this part is the same as yesterday’s card.  I cut two pieces of coordinating Designer Series Paper from the Tidings of Christmas 6 x 6” papers.  I like to make my 6 x 6” papers goes as far as they can so you will see I did a little maneuvering with these to make more cards.  First I selected the DSP I wanted for the top of my card and I cut off a piece that is 2 x 6” (this will be saved for another card) then I took the remaining 4 x 6” piece and cut it in half to make 2 pieces that are 3 x 4” which is the top of my card (so I have pieces to make two cards).  For the bottom of the card, I selected another piece of DSP that I thought went well with my first selection and I again cut off a 2 x 6” piece and this too got set aside for another card.  With my remaining 4 x 6” piece I cut three pieces that were 2 x 4” this became my bottom (with two left for future cards).  Now if I loved both sides of the paper and they went well together I could have simply taken that 2 x 6” piece and made it a 2 x 4” and made it the bottom.  Ok, now that I have rambled about how to make the most of your paper lets go forward.

So, I attached my two pieces of DSP leaving a ¼” reveal on the top of the card base, the bottom of the card base and on both sides of the card base.  This leaves a little gap between the two DSP pieces in the center so to solve that I cut a piece of Soft Succulent cardstock that measured ½ x 4” and laid it over the gap then I thought it needed more so I added a piece of Evening Evergreen over that that measured ¼ x 4”. 

Next, I stamped my sentiment which is from the Tidings & Trimmings Bundle onto a piece of Basic White cardstock this time I used Evening Evergreen ink and then I die cut it using one of the Stitched So Sweetly dies.  This I attached to the top right of the card using Dimensionals.  I used the dies from the bundle to cut my stars, they were cut out of Evening Evergreen, Night of Navy, Soft Succulent, and Sahara Sand cardstock.  I layered them on one another and then attached them to the card using Dimensionals.  This is pretty much where I stopped on yesterday’s card but to add a little more to this one, I punched out some sprigs using the Sprig Punch, I punched two from Gold Foil, one from Soft Succulent and one from Evening Evergreen cardstock and I tucked them up under the starts.  What do you thing?  Doesn’t it add a little extra to the card?

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment