Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

A Simple Happy Anniversary

Sometimes we just need a fast and simple card.  Today I created one that was for an Anniversary.  However, this card could be adapted to pretty much anything.  I used the Elegantly Said Bundle to create it as well as the coordinating Simply Elegant Designer Series Paper.  Here it is…


The card base is Basic White cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I used the stamp set from the Elegantly Said Bundle and stamped the beautiful scroll work along the bottom of the card using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (just cover about the bottom 1/3rd of the card).  Next I added a piece of the coordinating Simply Elegant DSP that measured 2 ½ x 5 ½” to the top of the card (I selected the paper that had the same scroll work as the stamp but in gold).  Next I added a small strip of Basic Black cardstock that measured ¾ x 5 ½” (this just covers the seam left from the DSP and adds a little interest as well).  I then stamped the sentiment “HAPPY Anniversary” from the same stamp set onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using VersaMark ink.  I added gold embossing powder from the Metallics Stampin’ Emboss Powder collection and heat set it with my Heat Tool (this makes for a very elegant sentiment).  I punched that out using the coordinating punch from the Elegantly Said Bundle.  I then punched a second piece out this time from Gold Foil which I used behind the sentiment.  To get this affect simply cut the gold foil piece in half and adhere it to the top and bottom of the sentiment punch allowing just a little to show.  I wrapped just a little of the gold twine from the Simply Elegant Trim (this is a twine that coordinates with this bundle that comes in a package with gold and silver) around the back of the sentiment punch just making two little circles on each side.  I then attached the whole thing to the front of the card using Dimensionals. 

As you can see this is a super easy card to create and would be awesome with any number of sentiments.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment