Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Dragonfly Diamond Flip Card

Dragonfly Diamond Flip Card

I learned how to make this card from my awesome upline Karen.  I have been wanting to share the design with my customers for some time.  The great thing about this fun fold is that it can be used with tons of different papers, stamps, embellishments, etc.  I decided I wanted to use it with the have been having some fun with the Dragonfly Garden Bundle (which has carried over into the new annual catalog) and the Dandy Garden Designer Series Paper (which is retiring at the end of June). 

Here is what it looks like completed…


The card is not hard but explaining it can be so I am going to use some visual instructions this time and I hope they help.  So here is how the card base is created…


Now once you have that you can start on the other elements of the card.  I have photos with dimensions below for the main pieces. 



You will also need a piece of Basic White cardstock that measures 3 x 4” for the inside of the card.  The triangle piece shown is created by cutting a 2 7/8” square and then cutting it in half from corner to corner (you will have a piece left for another card).  I stamped my sentiment “HELLO” which is from the Forever Fern stamp set onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Calypso Coral ink.  I also stamped on of the baby Dragonflies from the bundle onto the Basic White piece we are using for the inside of the card and colored them with Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Blends (this shade has retired but any coordinating color would work great) and added Wink of Stella (I did the same thing on the front left bottom corner of my envelope).  I stamped the Large Dragonfly from the bundle onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then I punched it out with the coordinating punch from the bundle.  I colored it using the Rich Razzleberry and Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blend markers.  I did add a little Wink of Stella to make it shimmer.  Both of these are added to the front of the card when assembly is completed.



To assemble the card, I adhered the larger piece of cardstock and DSP to the front of the card as shown in the picture of the completed card.  The second square we created gets adhered (only half is glued down) right onto the little triangle we created when we cut the card base.  (see the photos above).  I added my inside piece of Basic White and my triangle of Designer Series Paper.  The final touch was to add my Dragonfly with Mini Dimensionals (I used my bonefolder to make him look like his wings were in motion).  I also added my sentiment to the front using Mini Dimensionals and I wrapped a piece of the Mossy Meadow 3/16” trim (also retiring at the end of this month) around the card and tied a square knot. 

I had a lot of fun making this card and I hope you enjoy it as well, let me know what you think.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment