Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, June 28, 2021

Elegant Sympathy

I have already shared the stamp set from the Elegantly Said bundle with you but today I want to share the punch as well.  Sympathy cards can be extremely difficult to create but unfortunately they are one of those cards we really need to have around.  So today I decided to create something that I thought was elegant but not to over the top.      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is one of the new in colors, Pale Papaya cardstock that is cut 4 ¼ x 11”, scored at 5 ½” (it opens from the bottom up).  I cut a layer of Vellum cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and I stamped both the scroll work and the flowers from the Elegantly Said bundle stamp set onto it using VersaMark Ink.  I then added White embossing powder from the Basics Stampin’ Emboss Powders and heat set it using my Heat Tool.  I adhered this to the base of the card using adhesive which I placed behind the embossed images so it would not show. 

Using the punch from the bundle I punched one of the elegant tags out of Gold Foil.  I stamped my sentiment “Life has changed for you, but my love & support never will” onto a piece of Pale Papaya cardstock using VersaMark ink and then added the white embossing powder and heat set it.  Once that was done, I used the elegant tags punch I punched it out.  I then took the gold tag I had punched out and cut it in half diagonally.  I adhered it to the back of the pale papaya tag leaving a little showing on the top and bottom.  I then added this to the center of the card using Dimensionals. 

To add just a little more to the card I cut two small butterflies from the new Shimmery Vellum (I wish you could see how much it shimmers, I used the Pale Papaya piece) using the Brilliant Wings dies and added them using Mini Dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoy this card I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment