Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, June 3, 2021

Butterfly Brilliance Flies In

I loved the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle from the first day I saw it.  However, since the Designer Series Paper that coordinated with it was around for a very short time, I decided it was time to have some fun playing with just the stamp set and my trusty Stampin’ Blends.      

Here is what I came up with…

 


The card base is Basic Black cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  I inked up the beautiful Butterfly Brilliance stamp set (I did use my Stamparatus since this is a large stamp it allows me to stamp in exactly the same spot as the first time if I have an area I didn’t get as much ink on as I would have liked), I used Tuxedo Black Memento Ink to stamp my butterflies.  I just positioned my paper to allow the butterflies to line up the way I wanted them to on my card. 

Once my butterflies were all stamped, I simply colored them in using Stampin’ Blends (I will list the colors I used below).  I added a little outline around all the butterflies with the Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends, this gives the illusion of a shadow and is a nice look.  Once everything was colored in, I decided I wanted some little black dots to add interest.  To achieve the look, I was going for I used the narrow tip on my Basic Black Stampin’ Blends (the dark) and the narrow tip on my Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker.  I just started adding dots and stopped when I thought I had enough.

For my sentiment I decided to use one of the stamps from the Art Gallery stamp set that says “I’m thinking of you”.  I stamped the sentiment onto Basic Black cardstock using Versamark ink and then embossed it with the white embossing powder from the Basics Stampin’ Emboss Powders and heat set it with the Heat Tool.  I then die cut it out using one of the dies from the Potted Succulents dies and added it to my card with Mini Dimensionals.  As you can see, I used several sets together on this project which shows the versatility of the sets and the ability to mix and match on projects. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment