Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Sweet Ice Cream Trifold Accordining Card

My customers are always excited when we create any fun fold card and this one was no exception.  There is just something really fun about creating with the Sweet Ice Cream bundle.  It just makes everyone smile.  While the stamp set and punch have carried over into the new annual catalog it will no longer be offered at the bundle price (a savings of 10%) so order yours now if you love it.  Also, the Ice Cream Corner DSP and Ice Cream Corner Sprinkles I used on this project will be retiring at the end of the month so hurry and order yours now before they are gone for good.      

So, todays card is what is called a Trifold According Card and it is really easy and fun to make. 


The card base is Bermuda Bay cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 11” and scored at 4 ¼”, 7” and 9 ¾”.  The card also has a belly band which is also cut from Bermuda Bay and it measures 1 ½ x 9 ½” and is scored at 3” and 7 3/8”. 

Once you have your card base created and folded (see photo below for folds) you can start adding on your Designer Series Paper.  I chose three different designs for mine.  I used the ice cream cone paper for the largest part of the card in the far right it measures 4 x 5 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Basic White cardstock that measures 2 ½ x 5 ¼” and I stamped the sentiment “happy birthday” from the Timeless Tulips stamp set (you could use any sentiment you have on hand) onto it using Bermuda Bay ink and attached it next to the first piece I had added.  I then added a striped piece that also measures 2 ½ x 5 ¼” to the left of the Basic White one.  The final piece for the opened card is a piece of DSP that measures 1 x 5 ¼”.  Here is what it looks like at that point…


Now that the inside is all done, close up the card and add a piece of DSP (I used the DSP with sprinkles) that measures 1 x 5 ¼” to the front of the card (note the top photo, you should now have DSP on all your folds).  So, it is now time to make our bellyband which will hold are card all together in place.  You simply fold the band on the score lines and attach the two ends.  I then cut out two ovals (these dies have retired but any shape will do the trick) one from Bermuda Bay cardstock and one just a little larger from Highland Heather cardstock.  I attached them to one another and then across the seam on my bellyband.  I used the coordinating punch from the Sweet Ice Cream bundle and punched a cone and an ice cream scoop out of the DSP and attached them to one another.  I did sponge a little Soft Suede ink on the cone and a little of the Polished Pink onto the scoop using a Sponge Dauber.  I added the cone to the ovals using Dimensionals.  My final touch was to adhere some of the cute Ice Cream Corner Sprinkles to the cone.  

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment