Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Whiskey Business

So many of us struggle to create masculine cards but I have found this Whiskey Business stamp set works great for them.  I created a birthday card and Father’s Day card using the set and some of the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (love this paper, such a great neutral background for cards especially masculine ones).      

Here is the Birthday Card first…

   

And here is the Father’s Day Card (I am looking forward to being with my Dad in Wisconsin this Father's Day and being able to give him this card)…


The cards are basically the same with a few little tweaks including some different sentiments.  The card base is Early Espresso cardstock that is cut 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½” (so the card opens from the bottom to the top.  The wood grained layer is from the In Good Taste DSP and measures 4 x 5 ¼”.  I stamped the decanter and glass from the Whiskey Business stamp set onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored it in using Stampin’ Blends which I will list below.  These two pieces will need to be fussy cut as there are no dies for this set.  

I stamped the main sentiment for each card (Happy Birthday and Being a Dad is Whiskey Business) onto a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock with the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then punched it out using the Tailored Tag punch.  I also punched out one of the Tailored Tags from a scrap of Early Espresso cardstock which I cut in half the long ways.  I adhered that to the back of the Crumb Cake piece leaving a small reveal at the top and bottom.  I adhered my sentiments, decanter and glass to the from of my card using Dimensionals.

For the inside of both cards, I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  For the Birthday card I stamped the sentiment “Sending you an Old-Fashioned Birthday Card” and for the Father’s Day card I stamped the sentiment “Straight Up You’re the Best” using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  For the Birthday Card I added a twist on the bottom and for the Father’s Day Card I added a glass and colored each.  I also made coordinating envelopes using the twist and the glass. (photo below)

 

My final addition was some Wink of Stella (doesn’t show up in photos) to the liquids in the decanters and glasses to make them shine like they are wet.  I am really happy with both cards I hope you enjoy them as well.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment