Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Hand-Penned Meets Butterfly Brilliance

I wanted to create some simple thank you cards (my mother-in-law recently broke her hip and so many friends have done so much to help us out I really needed some cards to send).  I decided to use the beautiful Hand-Penned DSP as well as the “Thanks” sentiment from the Hand-Penned stamp set along with some fun dies from some other sets. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Basic White cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a layer of Misty Moonlight cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed it using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.  I then die cut my frame from Basic White cardstock using the second largest of the Ornate Layers dies.  I added a piece of the Hand-Penned DSP to the center of it that measured 2 ¼ x 3 ½”. 

I using the Brilliant Wings dies I die cut first a solid white butterfly (this was the base of my butterfly) out of Basic White cardstock and then the coordinating outline image of the same butterfly out of the new Shimmer Vellum (I used Pale Papaya, I sure wish the camera would pick up the shimmer it is just beautiful).  I attached the vellum butterfly to the white base by only applying glue in the center so I could shape the wings up using my bone folder.  I then attached it to the corner using Dimensionals. 

For my sentiment, I stamped the sentiment “Thanks” from the Hand-Penned Stamp Set onto Basic White cardstock using Misty Moonlight ink.  I then die cut it using the Stitched So Sweetly dies (I use these dies all the time and consider them a staple because they are so versatile).  I popped the sentiment up with Dimensionals in the right corner turning it a little askew for interest.

There you have it, a beautiful Thank You card that was really quite simple to create.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment