Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Quiet Meadow in Pale Papaya

I think this new Quiet Meadow Bundle has some real potential.  I really enjoyed creating with it today and I already have tons of ideas for more projects with it.  Today I wanted to work with the bundle, the new Pale Papaya inks and ribbon, as well as some of the shimmer vellum.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Basic White cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of Pale Papaya cardstock that measures 3 7/8 x 5 1/8”.  I then cut a layer of Basic White cardstock that measures 3 ¾ x 5”.  I stamped the distressed sentiment (looks like something typed many years ago that has been weathered) all over the front of this layer using Pale Papaya ink (I did use the stamp off method for a lighter look, this is where you ink your stamp and stamp off on scrap paper before stamping on the cardstock).  I also added some Pale Papaya ink along the right center of the card using one of the Blending Brushes.  Once all the inking was done, I embossed it using the Painted Textures 3D Embossing Folder (this added tons of texture).  I adhered this layer to the Pale Papaya layer and wrapped a piece of the coordinating Pale Papaya Ribbon around it.  I also created a bow from the ribbon which I added with a glue dot once I had everything in place.

I die cut the foliage from the bundle out of the new Shimmer Vellum and added it to my card.  I then stamped two of the flowers from the stamp set in the bundle onto Shimmer White Cardstock using VersaMark ink and heat embossed them using the white embossing powder from the Basics Stamin’ Emboss Powders.  I then added color using Water Painters and ink, the colors I used were Daffodil Delight, Pale Papaya, Calypso Coral and just a hint of Poppy Parade.  I then fussy cut out the flowers and added them using Dimensionals.  I added my bow to the right of them and three of the Pale Papaya gems from the 2021 – 2023 In Color Jewels. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment