Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

W V Fun Fold

Today’s card is a neat fun fold that is called a W V Fun Fold.  The name comes from the fact that the card is made with a W fold and a V fold.  This card is highlighting the Circle Sayings Bundle and some of the new colors in the Annual Catalog.

Here is what I made…


The card base is Night of Navy cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 11” and scored at 1 ¾”, 3 ½” 5 ¼” and 7”.  Starting on the left-hand side fold the card, mountain fold, valley fold, mountain fold, valley fold and you will have a nice upside-down W.  Next, I took four pieces of Boho Blue cardstock that was cut to 1 ½ x 5 ¼” and embossed them using one of the Basics 3D Embossing Folders (I think this one looks like little sand dollars).  I attached these to each of my panels of my W.  Then I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and attached that to the inside of the card. 

On to the V portion of our card.  I cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock to 3 x 6” and scored it at 3”.  It was folded in a mountain fold which creates a V.  Before attaching I did all my decorating because it is easier to work with it while it is laying flat.  I added layers of Boho Blue that measured 2 7/8 x 2 7/8” and layers of Night of Navy that measured 2 ¾ x 2 ¾”.  Next, I used one of my retired dies and cut out two scalloped circles that are about 2 ½” (you could easily use the second largest of the stitched circles from the Stylish Shapes Dies or a 2 ½ circle punch if you have one) out of Boho Blue.  I stamped my first image (the ocean and sun) from the Circle Sayings Stamp set onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I used my Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend to highlight the suns rays and the sun itself.  Then I used my Dark Misty Moonlight Stampin’ Blend to highlight the lines in the waves.  To finish off the coloring I used Blending Brushes and blended in Misty Moonlight and Daffodil Delight Ink to finish my coloring.  Once it was all done, I punched it out using the 2 3/8” circle punch that is part of the Circle Sayings Bundle and attached it to the left side of my V.  Then I punched out a Basic White cardstock circle using the same punch and I stamped the image of seashells onto the bottom of it using Pecan Pie Ink (I did add a little Wink of Stella to really make it pop).  I stamped the sentiment “Happy Birthday” onto it using Boho Blue Ink and adhered it to the right side of the V.  Once everything was adhered, I folded my card up and putting adhesive just on the very ends I attached my V onto my W.  The left side is adhered to the very front and the right side is adhered to the last of the panels on the inside.  Be sure to use adhesive only where they lay on those panels so your card will open completely. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment