Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, May 29, 2023

Petal Park Birthday

Today’s card was created using the Petal Park, Two Tone Flora and Go To Greetings stamp sets along with the Petal Park Builder Punch and the beautiful new Countryside Inn Designer Series Paper.  I love the use of night of navy and balmy blue together so I wanted to highlight that.   

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Night on Navy cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of Balmy Blue that was 3 7/8 x 5 1/8”.  To that I added two pieces of the Countryside Inn Designer Series Paper, one was cut at 3 x 3 ¾” and the second was cut at 2 x 3 ¾”.  I just attached them to the Balmy Blue layer and where they met, I add a piece of the Night of Navy Bordered Ribbon to hide the seam (just attach it to the back of the layer before adhering it to the card. 

Then I used the Petal Park Stamp Set and stamped my flowers onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Balmy Blue for the main color and Misty Moonlight for the highlights (this is a stamp set that used the two-step process, meaning there are two stamps, one for the main image and one to add the details).  I also stamped the leaves from the Two Tone Flora Stamp Set (you could use this one or another leaf set or even a leaf punch if you have one for the same affect) onto another scrap of Basic White cardstock using Balmy Blue Ink and I die cut it using the Two Tone Flora dies.  I added my flowers and the leaves to the card using Dimensionals. 

My sentiment is from one of my favorite stamp sets the Go To Greetings set.  I stamped “Happy Birthday onto a scrap of Balmy Blue using Night of Navy ink and then die cut it out using one of the dies from the Something Fancy Dies (you could just stamp it onto a rectangle you cut, it measures about ½ x 2 ½” if you don’t have the dies).  I added this to the bottom left of my card again using Dimensionals.  For my final embellishment I added three dots to the center of my flowers and one on my sentiment label from the Glossy Dot Assortment. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment