Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, May 12, 2023

Easel Sympathy Card

Today’s card was created using one of the new bundle called Countryside Corners, the new Countryside Inn Designer Series Paper and it features one of the new In Colors – Boho Blue.  No one likes that we need them but having some nice sympathy cards on hand is always a good idea so that is what I decided to create.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Boho Blue cardstock cut to 8 ½ x 11”, scored at 2 1/8”, and 4 ¼”.  Fold like a normal card at the 4 ¼” scoreline and then mountain fold at the 2 1/8” scoreline.  I added pieces of the Countryside Inn Designer Series Paper (3 each cut to 2 x 5 3/8”) two to the two sections on the front of the card and one to the bottom of the inside of the card.  I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 2 x 5 3/8” and added that to the top of the inside of the card for a place to write your note. 

I took Basic White cardstock about a 3 ¾” x 5 ½” piece and stamped the Countryside Corners stamp onto it using Boho Blue Ink.  I die cut out the two smaller sections from the middle and attached the larger of the two to the center bottom of the inside of my card.  I stamped the sentiment “Thinking of You” from the Go To Greetings Stamp Set onto the smaller one using Night of Navy Ink and attached it to the center of the other one using Dimensionals.  That finished up the inside. 

To create the front of the card which stands up to make the easel I used the largest of the Countryside Corners dies from the bundle and cut it out of a piece of Night of Navy cardstock that measured 3 ¾ x 5 ½”.  Then I took the second largest and third largest die and cut out that section of the stamped image (this leaves some other pieces but that is fine because you can use them on other projects) and added it to the Night of Navy piece.  Next, I took a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 3 x 4 ½” and the third largest die from the bundle and die cut it.  I stamped the sentiment “With Deepest Sympathy” onto the bottom right using Night of Navy Ink.  Then I stamped one of the flowers from the Two Tone Flora Stamp Set onto this piece using Boho Blue and Night of Navy Ink to the left.  I attached this stamped piece inside the other two pieces and then I attached it to the card front using Dimensionals and only adhered the bottom half so it would pop up when the easel was opened.   To finish off the card I added a bow made from Night of Navy Bordered Ribbon which was attached to the card with a Mini Glue Dot.  I added three of the Boho Blue Dots from the 2023 – 2025 In Color Dots. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment