Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Cute Gift Bag/Box

I had a friend ask me if I knew how to make the bag/box featured on page 62 of the new 2023 – 2024 Annual Catalog.  Well, I didn’t know but I thought I could figure it out so that is just what I did.  I liked the result so much I made to hold my thank you gifts for my catalog kick off open house.  Here is the result of my efforts…


Creating them was much easier than I thought.  I started with a piece of cardstock that measured 6 ¼” x 11”.  I scored at 1” on the 6 ¼” side (this becomes the bottom).  I scored the 11” side at 1”, 5”, 6” and 10”.  (see diagram below)


Once I had all the scoring done, I removed the parts that I didn’t need.  (see the X’s on the diagram below) removing this debulks the bag so it closes up nicely.  Next, I punched holes in (two in each of the 4” areas) down ½” from the top and over 1 1/8” from the score lines (this will allow for the addition of ribbon handles).  I also added score tape as shown in the diagram.  Now just fold the two 1” ends together leaving the one with the tab on top and secure.  Flip the bag/box upside down and tuck in the smaller tabs, then the tab that has the smaller slits cut into it and then cover all of that with the tab that is cut square. 

Now all that remained was to decorate.  I added two pieces of ribbon to each side (10” long) and tied a knot on the inside so they would not pull back through to make my handles.  I then took a piece of cardstock that measured 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” and embossed it using the Countryside Blossoms Embossing folder and attached it to the front of my bag/box using Dimensionals.  For my final decorations I used the Circles Sayings Bundle.  I punch out a 2 3/8” circle from Basic White cardstock and stamped it using the Thank You and flower stamps from the set using the same color ink I used for the bag.  I made mine all different using all different colors of cardstock and ink.  The one shown in the photo at the top was made using Blueberry Bushel. 

 Below is a list of products I used to create this project but know that you could use any color cardstock and ink as well as any embossing folder.  Don't be afraid to try this it is much easier than it appears.  I hope you enjoy this project I sure had fun figuring out how to make it.  Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment