Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, May 5, 2023

2 4 6 8 Fun Fold Card

Today’s card is a fun fold card that is really cute, it is called the 2 4 6 8 fold and you will understand that name very soon.  I used the new Circles Sayings Bundle to create this card.  This set is really cute and makes some great cards.  I did use some retired Designer Series Paper because this card is a great example of a way to use up some of that older Designer Series Paper you have laying around. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Balmy Blue cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  Next, I cut my Designer Series Paper to 5 ¼ x 12” and scored it at (you guessed it) 2”, 4”, 6” and 8”.  I started my folding at the left side, I made a mountain fold, a valley fold, a mountain fold and then another valley fold.  Once these were all burnished with my bonefolder I adhered the 4 x 5 ¼” end to my card base.  I then simply adhered each of the mountain folds to the back of the valley fold.  

To decorate the card, I started with the inside and cut a piece of Basic White cardstock using the Scalloped Contours Dies and stamped it with the sentiment “Wishing you a little extra happiness just because you’re you” from the Pansy Patch stamp set using Blackberry Bliss Ink.  

Now onto the circles, I die cut two pieces of Balmy Blue cardstock using the second largest of the stitched circles from the Stylish Shapes Dies.  I then punched out two Basic White circles using the 2 3/8” circle punch from the Circle Sayings Bundle.  I used the coordinating stamps from the bundle for my stamping.  I started with “Celebrate” done in a circle and stamped it with Blackberry Bliss ink.  I then added the cupcake and stamped it using Balmy Blue ink (I did add Wink of Stella to the icing).  I attached this to one of the Balmy Blue circles and attached it to the first flap of my card.  I then took the second circle and stamped the flowers from the set (twice, once on the top of the circle and once on the bottom) in Balmy Blue ink.  I added the sentiment from the set “Happy Birthday” using Daffodil Delight ink.  Once that was done I attached it to the second Balmy Blue circle and attached that to the second flap of my card. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment