Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Quiet Meadow Watercolor

I really love to work with water colors and the Quiet Meadow bundle was simply the perfect way to go.  I love all the colors you can achieve through blending with the Water Painters and re-inkers (or just by grabbing up some ink from the stamp pads onto one of the acrylic blocks, so easy.   I wanted to make a special card using this technique for a special someone who loves butterflies and this is what I came up with…


The card base is Misty Moonlight cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Fresh Freesia cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼ (hold off on attaching until we get the top of the card assembled).  I die cut several of the items from the Quiet Meadows Bundle from Fluid 100 Watercolor paper.  I began by wetting each of my die cuts using the Stampin’ Spritzer (it is much easier to work with somewhat wet pieces as it allows the color to flow easier).  I started adding color to the pieces, I used Misty Moonlight, Magenta Madness, Pear Pizzazz and just a hint of Garden Green inks and my Water Painters.  By blending colors while they were wet, I was able to create colors of my own, this is especially true in the butterflies. 

I then stamped my sentiment “Thinking of You” from the stamp set in the bundle using Misty Moonlight onto Basic White cardstock and cut it out using one of the dies from the same bundle.  I added all my flowers and butterflies onto my Fresh Freesia layer.  When they were all in place and adhered, I added my sentiment.  For a little extra interest, I wrapped some of the White Bakers Twine around each end and secured them to the back of the layer and popped the whole layer up on the base using Dimensionals.  To finish the card, I added four little Pearl Basic Jewels to my largest butterfly. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment