Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, August 30, 2021

Joseph’s Coat Technique

I have been wanting to give the Joseph’s Coat technique a try.  I saw a video using this technique several years ago and have often thought I would like to try it but was a little intimidated by it.  After doing it I have no idea why it scared me because it really is very easy.  When I was thinking of what to design next with the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set, I could not help but think it would look great using this technique.

Here is what I came up with…


To begin I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼”.  I then used my sponge daubers and added little swirls of color to my cardstock.  The ink colors I chose to use were: Bermuda Bay, Highland Heather, Magenta Madness, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie and Night of Navy.  Once my cardstock was all covered, I used my Heat Tool to dry my ink really well (or you could leave it set overnight to be sure it is good and dry). 

Next, I stamped the Butterfly Brilliance stamp onto the cardstock using VersaMark ink (NOTE: I did use my Stamparatus so I could stamp twice to be sure I had really good coverage).  I then added Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set it using my Heat Tool.  I let the embossing cool just a little before the next step.

I ran a Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad over the top of my cardstock until everything was covered.  I then took a small piece of soft cloth and buffed my card top to get the Memento ink off my butterflies.  I just loved the affect, as a matter of fact I liked it so much I used the same technique for my sentiment which was stamped using the Art Gallery stamp set and then I die cut it using the Floral Gallery Dies.  I just popped it up using Mini Dimensionals.  This was attached to the card base which is Rich Razzleberry cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment